Kids ages

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Ethan James is here!!




Hello Everyone, Yes our little guy was born almost 2 1/2 wks ago already and its been a whirlwind since he arrived, tiring but fun. We are now "man to man" as they say and so far I am okay with that, its the 2 to 1 during the day that I am trying to master :)

Ethan was born on March 18th, at 11:27 pm 8lb's 7oz and 20" long. He is a healthy baby boy who now is 9lbs 2oz at his two week check up this past Monday.
He is nursing well and growing like a weed!!

Shaylen just adores him, and has to hold him at least once a day. She is also enjoying the little extra tv time she has been getting lately.

So Ethan's arrival day was interesting as I thought my water had broken early in the morning. We called our friends that were planning on being on call for us and they came over at about 5:30-6am to be with Shaylen when she woke up. However, it was NOT my water and I was not contracting as much or as hard as they wanted, and they sent me home. Shaylen, Shawn and I proceeded to walk around the block that morning and hang out with our neighbors outside to hopefully get things moving. Between 3pm and 6pm the contractions went from 10 minutes to 2-3 minutes. We headed to the hospital where I was 5 cm dilated. I got an epidural within 20 minutes of being there and slowly but surely let things progress. By 11:10 or so I could feel that he was ready to come. Everything was prepped and ready and the pushing started. Within 7 minutes of pushing this little man entered the world! He beat Shaylen by 10 minutes!

He is a wonderful addition to the family! We are a little partial but we think he is absolutely adorable!




















































1 comment: