Kids ages

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Vacation to Big Sur, San Fran, and Yosemite


17 weeks along in Yosemite.

Me and my big brother, Jamie at the Golden Gate Bridge.

The Redwood Trees were HUGE!!


Yes I am officially done with school!!

My mom my brother and I played a rousing game of Yatzee, yes I won!!

So last week Thursday, Shawn and I returned from a long vacation up north in California with my brother and my mom. It was a great time having them in town for my graduation and then being able to see some new sights in CA with them. We drove up north taking Hwy 1, it was beautiful, then stayed in a cabin in Big Sur. It was a nice and relaxing stay in the Redwoods while playing a little yatzee :) . Then on to the city of San Francisco! The trolly's and buses were very entertaining, as well as the very windy and cool weather. After my Mom and Jamie left to go back home, Shawn and I continued on to Yosemite National Park. We stayed in another cabin, saw two bears and did some light hiking. We got to see my cousins baby on the way home too, making a pit stop in Visalia, CA. All in All it was a great trip!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update. It sounds like you guys had a wonderful trip to some of my favorite places (I used to want to get married in Yosemite National Park.). Brooke, it looks like you are begining to show and you look so beautiful! I can't wait to see you in real life. 17 more days until we're back in CA!! We miss you both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like some great fun! Congrats on getting your MSW and buying a house!!! When is the move date to MI? Also, I see that the little one is a girl...congrats :). I guessed right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah the trip was wonderful, we are moving to MI by the end of July. Shawn is most likely starting his job in GR (where he used to work before we moved to CA) on August 3, so we have to have everything in MI by then and get some rest, well shawn does, and I guess so do i :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Missy, Thanks for the pics on our trip. It was beautiful--the whole time. So is the house and the fact that Shawn got his job. God sure is blessing you!

    I think this was the first trip all together in a long time. It was wonderful and Brooke, you are a good planner. Shawn, I still can't believe how well you maneuvered those windey (is the a word?) roads. Was a beautiful drive up Big Sur!!

    ReplyDelete